<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://makethebestofeverything.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Make the best of everything!: A Crafty Italian Cultural Lesson!

Friday, June 10, 2011

A Crafty Italian Cultural Lesson!

I know I have been a little Lazy at posting lately ( I'm not going to blame the pregnancy or the fact that I'm getting ready to move across Iowa) But then again I will :)

I am going to pull some crafts to share from my other ( older) site I manage, which is CultureCottage.com Which I hope to bring to " Blog" form someday.

Here are some " Cultural" Craft Ideas to help your pupils learn about Italy.



The Leaning tower of Pisa!
( Here is a leaning tower of Pisa made from Craft foam, a hot glue gun and decorated with a Sharpie)
You can easily turn this into a history lesson!

I

Italian Coffee!
Much of our " Coffee Culture" in the United States, specifically our " Starbucks" is influenced by The Coffee in Italy.  In Italy, business men and women head down to the Coffee bar around mid morning and literally take shots of espresso. Also, many of the fancy names we have for our coffee drinks in the U.S comes from Italy. 



Here are some Coffee Crafts! kids can learn about Coffee drinks, and use these to learn and play imagination with them afterwards. Just get creative with the fun foam. ( afterwards, you might feel the need to take a trip to get a REAL Cappuccino!)


Make a Gondola Boat and Rower!
The Gondola is the traditional boat rower that used to be very prevelant in Venice.  Although nowadays, these boats are mainly used for romantic site seeing!




Labels:

11 Comments:

At June 12, 2011 at 4:36 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

adorable crafts! I'd love it if you'd join me on Craft Schooling Sunday, another fun linky party with international contributors. hope to see you!

 
At June 13, 2011 at 1:09 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for dropping by Craft Schooling Sunday!

 
At June 13, 2011 at 9:15 PM , Blogger Michelle L. said...

The leaning tower is hilarious and so cool! Love it!

 
At June 19, 2011 at 5:51 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Grazie davvero hai fatto un pezzo di Italia lì da te ,grazie.ele

 
At June 19, 2011 at 11:00 AM , Blogger Rosi Jo' said...

I discovered you with my dear friend Sara of Creative Jewish Mom, your ideas are genious and cheerful, thanks for the tribute to Italian culture.

Compliments and see you soon,
Rosi.

 
At June 23, 2011 at 10:57 AM , Blogger AsylumTanya said...

My son would love to make his own Leaning Tower of Pisa! He is 5 and a HUGE history fan! Thanks for sharing this great idea!

 
At June 24, 2011 at 8:34 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd love for you to share this at Fun For Kids Friday. My boys love pulling out the world map and asking millions of questions about different places.

http://smilemonsters.blogspot.com/2011/06/fun-for-kids-friday_23.html

Jo @ SmileMonsters

 
At June 24, 2011 at 1:19 PM , Blogger Mindie Hilton said...

Fun!

I am just reminding everyone about tonights link party that runs Friday evening through Mondays!
I also have an ongoing give away link party now too.
Hope to see you soon.
http://bacontimewiththehungryhypo.blogspot.com/
come strut your stuff

 
At June 25, 2011 at 7:12 AM , Blogger Antonella said...

Too cute! These look like a lot of fun for the kiddies! I've linked over from the WhipperBerry Friday Flair where I've linked up too, I'd love it if you'd pop on over.
Hugs, antonella :-)
http://quilling.blogspot.com/2011/06/wondrous-wednesday-patriotic-printable.html

 
At June 25, 2011 at 6:41 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

How fun! I especially love the little gondola man. Thanks for linking up with DIY under $5!

 
At March 7, 2012 at 1:21 PM , Blogger Love and Lollipops said...

I have been spending some time here at your blog and am so enjoying your ideas!!

Georgia :)

 

Post a Comment

Love to hear your comments!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home